Have you ever wondered what customers who have actually used your product or service really think about it? Testimonials are unbiased, often candid opinions (and hopefully recommendations) about your product or service that are written by real people in their own words. Today’s customers want to feel reassured that you are selling quality products and services. With so many different websites available at the touch of a keyboard, they don’t want to waste money or feel like they’ve made the wrong decision. The best way to reassure customers is to have good, strong testimonials.
When used correctly, customer testimonials offer the following benefits for your website.
- Increase Sales. When researching a product or service, testimonials or reviews are one of the most persuasive resources. We want to know if the product or service actually works before we make the purchase, and most consumers are willing to trust an ordinary person who has used the product or service successfully far more than the company trying to convince us to buy it. Humans like to feel part of a group – including a group that has bought something.
- Build Trust. Positive customer comments explaining what your product has done for them or the describing the excellent service they have received strengthens your brand and boosts the credibility of your business. Specific examples are ideal, especially if there are numbers or statistics to back them up.
- Provide An Inexpensive Marketing Tool. Your customers can be an untapped resource when it comes to marketing and promoting your business. Word-of-mouth has always been one of the most powerful marketing tools out there, and people are heavily influenced by other people. Good testimonials may be shared when talking about your business to others.
Testimonials give you the opportunity to prove claims about your product or service. The more information you can provide regarding your business, the more legitimate you’ll appear. Testimonials provide a showcase of previous customers for prospective customers to see, giving the impression of many satisfied customers.
- 16 Website Testimonials Done Right
- Why Your Testimonials Aren’t Working
- Seven Creative Ways To Get Testimonials
- How To Use Testimonials Effectively
Great customer testimonials provide the opportunity for a simple and inexpensive way to promote your business, create sales, build trust and increase your credibility.